Editor-in-Chief’s Note: September 1 of every odd-numbered year is the date when new legislation from the most recent session of the Texas Legislature typically goes into effect. With this in mind, the Texas Water Journal invited five organizations that work closely with the Texas Legislature to provide their take on the changes to Texas water policy and law that were made during the 2019 session. The opinions expressed in these summaries are the opinions of the individual organizations and not the opinions of the Texas Water Journal or the Texas Water Resources Institute.
- Sierra Club, Lone Star Chapter and Save Our Springs Alliance
- Texas Water Conservation Association
- Texas Alliance of Groundwater Districts
- Texas Rural Water Association
- Texas Water Infrastructure Network
© 2019 Ken Kramer, Christopher Mullins, Dean Robbins, Stacey Allison Steinbach, Leah Martinsson, Trent Hightower, and Perry L. FowlerDownload PDF