Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Already have a Username/Password for Texas Water Journal?
Need a Username/Password?
The Texas Water Journal accepts the following types of articles:
- General Research or Issues: 10,000 words
- Book Reviews: 3,500 words
- Commentaries: 3,500 words*
- Research, Policy, Program, or Legal Reviews: 10,000 words
- The Texas Water Journal is amenable to longer articles and the limits above constitute mere suggestions. If you have questions please contact the Editor-in-Chief to discuss.
Style Guidelines and References
The Texas Water Journal employs the Council of Science Editors (CSE) Scientific Style and Format, 8th Edition (online version). Please see the TWJ Style Guidelines for detailed information about style and word usage, including punctuation, use of numbers and units of measure, and in-text and reference list examples. Blue Book will also be accepted.
The Editors of the Texas Water Journal discourage the use of acronyms.
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced with 1-inch margins. Do not indent paragraphs.
- Abstracts: All manuscripts should include an abstract of no more than 200 words. Do not include abbreviations, diagrams or references to the text within the abstract.
- Keywords: Authors should provide three to five keywords for each article.
- Authors: All articles should include the full names of the authors, their titles, professional affiliations and contact information. If there are multiple authors, identify the primary author to whom all electronic correspondence and proofs should be sent.
- A table of terms used in the paper should be inserted after the Abstract and Keywords. Column headings should be : Short name or acronym and Descriptive name.
- Tables should be included in the text near where they should appear. Figures and photos along with captions can be embedded at the end of the paper but authors should ALSO submit a separate image file for EACH photo and figure in jpeg or pdf format.
- Figures and Tables should be mentioned in sequential order in the text.
- Use a legible font such as Times New Roman 12 pt.
- Do not indent paragraphs
- Headings should be left justified with a single space between the heading and subsequent text. Headings should be numbered as follows:
- Heading format is as follows:
- Please refer to the TWJ Style Guidelines and the Scientific Style and Format, 8th Edition when formatting the reference list.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines:
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format. The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); all tables are included in the text near where they are mentioned; and all photos and figures are included at the end of the text and ALSO submitted as separate supplementary files in jpeg or pdf format.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (that is, http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- All authors are entered in the metadata with full first names, middle initial, and last name; email address; affiliation and Bio statement (E.g., department and rank)
- The text adheres to the Council of Science Editors (CSE) Scientific Style and Format, 8th Edition style format, including stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found on the Submissions page and in About the Journal.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.